Court Booking Information
Due to Covid-19 the booking rules are subject to change
Updates will be posted on the Home Page and on Social Media
Court Booking Rules
• Peak Limits (Monday – Thursday : 6pm – 10pm, Fridays : 6pm – 8pm)
o Daily – 2
o Weekly – 3
• Non Peak Limits
o Daily – 3
o Weekly – 10
• Junior Hours
o Monday to Friday : 3pm – 6pm : 7 courts reserved
o Saturdays : 10am – 1pm, 2pm – 6pm : 7 courts reserved
o Sundays : no courts reserved (Juniors must play with an adult member or be supervised by
• Court Booking
o A parent must email the club the day before to book the court, email@example.com.
o Any junior courts not booked by 5pm the day before are released to adult players.
o Juniors are not permitted to use the 2 non-junior courts (Courts 8 & 9) Mon – Fri, 3pm –
6pm. These are for adult use only.
• Juniors are not permitted to play during peak hours.
Private Coaching Lessons
• Private coaching is only permitted on courts 5, 8 & 9
• Coaches are allowed to reserve a court 1 week in advance
• A court used for private coaching must be booked by the coach using their coach booking account
• Coaches are limited to 3 peak bookings in a week
• Private coaching lessons during peak times, must be for group lessons, minimum of 2 players being
coached. The player’s names must be included on the booking system as this is included in a players
peak usage limits
• Guests are not permitted to play during peak hours
• All guests must be included on the court booking
• Can only be used on courts 5, 8 & 9
• The ball machine is not permitted during peak hours
• Ball machines are restricted to 1 hour after 1pm Monday to Friday. Not allowed after 5pm.
Court Booking Monitoring
- All players must be listed on the booking system. It is the responsibility of the player booking to ensure that all details are correct
- Bar staff will check courts to ensure that the number of players on the booking sheet match the number of players on court
- Bar staff will give sheet with any player discrepancies to Neil/Michelle to follow up
- Neil/Michelle will contact the player who booked the court so that the court booking can be updated correctly
- If the player does not respond to request, the players will be viewed as guests and charged accordingly to the booking players account.
- If it occurs a second time the player will be suspended from playing for one week
- The evening booking sheet will be printed daily and posted downstairs so that all members can view the booking schedule
- Any last minute changes to the bookings can be emailed to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then Michelle/Neil can update booking
- Signage to be placed downstairs advising all members that any late changes to bookings need to be emailed to Michelle/Neil at email@example.com
If this does not resolve the problems with the present booking systems , we then plan that all players will have to sign in at the bar before they go on court
During the year the ability to top up your court booking account online was introduced. To follow on from this, control of the lights has been integrated into the court booking system. This means that when a court is booked, the lights will come on automatically if needed and the cost of the lights will be split evenly across all names on the court booking.
With this new system in place, members will only have one account for both court bookings and lights which can be topped up online using the ‘Manage Account -> Add Credit’ button within ebookingonline.net/box/box3.php?id=138
There will be no longer a need to contact the office to add credit to your account.
When will this come into effect?
The new lights system will come into effect from Saturday the 26th November. Any bookings made after this date that require lights will have the lights included by default in the cost of the court booking.
After this date, any money remaining on your lights account will be transferred over to your court booking account. NOTE: this is a manual process, so may take some time to complete for all members.
When will the lights come on?
The new lights system is based on sunset minus a configurable offset (set to 10 mins). If sunset (minus 10 mins) falls within the booking period, the lights will be automatically switched on for the duration of the booking.
Here is a list of the booking times for which the lights will be switched on automatically for the coming year.
- 4pm: 30 Oct – 30 Jan
- 5pm: 1 Feb – 2 Mar
- 6pm: 3 Mar – 25 Mar
- 7pm: 26 Mar – 6 Apr
- 8pm: 9 Apr – 11 May
- 9pm: 12 May – 6 Aug
- 8pm: 7 Aug – 4 Sep
- 7pm: 5 Sep – 29 Sep
- 6pm: 30 Sep – 26 Oct
- 5pm: 27 Oct – 28 Oct
- 4pm: 29 Oct – 31 Jan
Junior Court Bookings
The lights for junior players are switched on by the club. All junior courts should be booked by emailing the club at firstname.lastname@example.org. The office staff will let you know which court is reserved and switch on the lights as needed. Unfortunately, the names can’t be added to the court booking (otherwise the names on the booking would be charged)
Please note when a coach is booking a private lesson (senior or junior) during hours that require lights, the coach will be charged the total cost of the booking which includes booking and lights costs.